Thursday, June 18, 2009




I don't have £150 to spend on a dress...
I don't have £150 to spend on a dress...
I don't have £150 to spend on a dress...

If I keep telling myself this then maybe I'll stop fantasising about the one on the left. Two weeks ago, when we had a heatwave and I realised I had nothing to wear but an old pair of linen trousers with a tea stain on one leg, I spent all day looking in every shop in town for a dress like this one. It's exactly what I was dreaming of and couldn't find.

I will comfort myself with the knowledge that the British summer is over. This year it stretched over a whole week. Last year, if my memory serves me, it fell on a Tuesday. A Tuesday three months prior to our outdoors, August wedding. Not that I'm still pissed off about that. Honestly.

9 comments:

  1. I just had to click in that link and now I have another piece to add to my "must have" list. Noooo.

    Please stop. I have zero money. It's just no fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great dress. Go on so I can live vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, you seem totally fine about that whole "summer falling three months before your wedding" thing. totally fine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL about the weather...

    And I'm not sure you have Old Navy in Scotland, but I just wanted to add that I purchased a very similar patterned dress (except strapless, but still lovely) from them a few days ago, for a song...

    ReplyDelete
  5. No please don't say the summer is over no no no. It's a long way from Scotland to Kent I'll keep thinking of that! I discovered a month ago I have no summer wardrobe, I think it was due to the rubbish one last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I know this feeling very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has nothing to do with the dress, but I saw this post about a bunny resort and thought of you:

    http://dailycatch.coastalliving.com/2009/04/bunny-happy-white-point-beach-resort-keeps-nova-scotia-hopping.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am another one that discoverd my summer wardrobe consisted of one dress.. that was 2 years old.

    I'm not feeling the dresses tho.. they might make you look like a giant humbug!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love when you write about Scotland/Scottishness/Britain/Britishness.

    But this year, it's going to be hot. We're going to get three summers in one. That's my prediction.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.