Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Gorgeous girl...

This post over at East Side Bride reminded me that I've been meaning to share these pictures from February's Marie Claire because they are just so gorgeous.


I love Lily Allen. She's articulate, talented and does her bit to bring celebrity back down to earth. Which is desperately needed in my opinion. Not to mention that the girl speaks her mind. Which I love....


Photobucket
Lily Allen in Dolce and Gabbana. This dress was everywhere after it appeared on the runway. Lily wears it better than anyone else I've seen though.



From the interview;

So, when you see magazines like Heat and Closer and First, and they've got arrows pointing towrads sweat patches and stuff like that...

"I refuse to put make-up on just beacuse the paparazzi are on my doorstep. I find it morally wrong. I'm just walking to the f*ing shop! I don't see myself as a role model; people should look to mothers and sisters for role models."


Photobucket

I love the contrast between her dark hair and this gorgeous, and yes slightly bridal, dress.


I think it's one of the problems with Kate Moss. Everybody keeps going on abour her being a very bad role model. She's a model, not a role model.

"She's a f*ing clothes horse. Deal with it."



Photobucket

I think she looks like a modern Audrey Hepburn.


Let me ask you about constantly being made the spokeswoman for girls of your generation, and all that size zero stuff....

"It's a weird one. Although it's not really my responsibility, I'm happy to speak out about different things because I think it's f*ing disgusting how women are represented in the media."


Images and words from Marie Claire magazine, February 2008.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that interview too, and he pictures. She does look very Audrey Hepburn in that Girl With a Pearl Earring-inspired one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really does look great in the D&G dress! Love her hair too--nice departure from the heavy bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to put 'er on the stereo while I blog my little heart out. Lily won't let me take this sh*t too seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some Lily Allen, in all her foul-mouthed, misbehaving, calling - it - like - is glory. Go, Lily.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.