Saturday, October 04, 2008

Vestine's Story...

How easy it is to watch the news, to read the papers and to be appalled. How easy it is to say How dreadful, how could we let such a thing happen? It really is awful and how easy to then forget. How easy to be safe, to rest assured that it won't happen to you because you live in a civilised world. How easy to be able to choose whether you pay attention or turn the other way, because it's just too sore to think about.

How difficult to go there. How heartbreaking to see. How utterly devastating to hear. How brave. How very brave.

And to live it? To survive it? There just aren't words. Here, from my safe world I just can't comprehend the life, the strength, the heart break of a woman like Vestine.

4 comments:

  1. cannot even begin to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much for posting here on this!!! You are so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flutter, thank you for your comment.

    Maryam, you are welcome. Thank YOU for going and for writing about it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a sobering post, considering that I have been spending the evening perusing my multiple favorite wedding blogs and engrossed in my wedding "bubble". This woman's story is incredibly touching and one that I won't soon forget. I will be forwarding this story to the women in my life in hopes of creating more support for these victims and their tragic stories.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.