Tuesday, November 25, 2008

China and cashmere...

As if the objects themselves were not gorgeous enough, the photographs of Caroline Swift's ethereal ceramics, organic glass shapes and understated cashmere are just delicious.



The most delicate wafer thin bowls



The most elegant cashmere cardigans



The most beautiful and ethereal objects



Vases to hold, to touch, to fill with a single perfect specimen



Bone china spoons. To eat breakfast? Perhaps not. To treasure? Most definitely.



Leaves fluttering to the floor



Orange glass to catch the light



Felt packaging, to wrap precious things




Dresses of the softest Italian linen to dress the part while you live your simple, chic life. Surrounded by objects too beautiful to imagine.



All pieces by Caroline Swift, an English artist who believes in the pleasure of slow, understated, timeless luxury.


12 comments:

  1. Lovely. I want those spoons. Not to use. Just to have to make my friends jealous. Isn't that what nice china is for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is next friday. I want those spoons. joking! Not really! Maybe! I love everything in this post... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those wafer thin bowls are so cool. But I would be terrified of smashing them in just picking one up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is truly where gorgeous lives! How do you ever mange to keep track of all that delicious beauty?

    I've a soft spot for the spoons (and would take my cereals with them once in a while) and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely is the only word that seems to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! how special. I must share these with my husband who is a potter. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would happily throw out all my possessions and outfit my house and my person with only her creations...those floaty dresses put my sweatpants to shame1

    ReplyDelete
  8. these photos are so fab. i would DEFINITELY use those spoons for breakfast though.

    peonies, i just blogged about something i'd be very interested to hear your opinion on... being a young bride and all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. All these things are amazing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning - i love the slightly dark edge

    ReplyDelete

play nice.