Monday, March 30, 2009

Painting the roses red....



"We're painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red! Not pink, not green, not aquamarine! We're painting the roses red!"





Who's been painting my roses red?
WHO'S BEEN PAINTING MY ROSES RED?
Who dares to taint
With vulgar paint
The royal flower bed?
For painting my roses red
Someone will lose his head.


Oh please, your majesty, please! It's all his fault!


Not me, your grace! The ace, the ace!


You?


No, two!


The two, you say?


Not me! The three!


That's enough! Off with their heads!



Images of silk and merino wool scarves from Radici,
Quotes from Alice in Wonderland. The first from the book, the second from the 1951 film.

7 comments:

  1. That is too wonderfully beautiful!
    Can you imagine? Would love to see it on a body, delicately framing a face. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blog! Love the quote you chose for these exquisite pieces!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How clever you are, they are just like red and white roses!
    Although hopefully wearing the lovely things wouldn't lead to decapitation..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I was going to post on those but never did. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen those wonderful scarves before. I wish I could wear them, but I simply cannot stand anything too close to my neck.

    But for something as wonderful as a scarf that looks like a rose, I might have to get over my aversion, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I've got the song in my head...
    1951 ? Gosh ! I should buy the DVD...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been watching and listening to Alice in Wonderland rather a lot since December. The soundtrack is wonderful. I do like to see an Alice quote!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.