Thursday, March 26, 2009

A little summer sun dress...

(thank you for all of your kind and comforting comments yesterday. You're lovlies. xx)



Through Lobster and Swan I have just discovered Joules Clothing. And their dresses, which are a riot of summer happiness and English granny chic.

Two months ago I would have been sneaking that first spotty sun dress into my shopping basket immediately because who will miss thirty five pounds? But the new me is trying to be good and has vowed to try really hard to buy organic/fairtrade/friendly to the world clothes from now on. And the new me is broke. So the new me will content herself with gazing longingly at the pictures and imagining that she lives somewhere warm enough to wear a sun dress.

(some of these dresses might be for little people. I also like imagining that the very biggest little person size might just fit me, if I squeeze tight.)






















All images courtesy of Joules Clothing.


14 comments:

  1. Yum indeed. I bought a Joules summer dress last year and it was a great buy. It is white with blue-ish stripes and it is perfect for work and dressed up a bit for garden parties/weddings. I just hope we have a warm summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the spotted one gave me the loveliest flash-back to the best dress I ever owned, circa 1988. Too lovely for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you been to zara? they have a lovely s/s collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh... these dresses are so so pretty... hmmm... summer... I gave you an award on my blog today that you can check out here: http://amindfulbride.blogspot.com/2009/03/award-for-me.html

    Happy Thursday!

    P.S. I thought your pictures from the antique store were wonderful... I am so sad I cannot run off and visit it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I think I want my wedding party wearing those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want the blue and white one with the red sash. I just want it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to 50's looking floral one!!!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for English grannies. That's who I want to be when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Joules - I get emails from the them and the catalogue through the post. In fact, the latest arrived just this week and has been tempting me with all its pretty contents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. polka dots! i'm so glad they're everywhere now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that skirt in the first photo. LOVE it. Last time I checked, Joules was a little too Boden-esque for me - but looks like it is worth another look!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.