Monday, April 06, 2009

polar bars*....

I love polar bars. Almost as much as I love rabbits. When I moved in with the boy he had a Russian hamster called Mischa, she became my friend. She was oh so pale (like me) and from behind she looked like a little white bear with her soft white bottom. She was a darling. Then I read Northern Lights and I ached with longing for an armoured bar of my own. I ached I tell you.

I still want a bar, a pet one. People say that they're meaner than they look and that they'd eat me but I think that's phooey. My bar would cuddle me and protect me and help me defeat evil. And he would be so very very cute....



Felt bars by Little Love Blue.


*I know that this is not how you spell bear. But try as I might I see bars, not bears. Grizzly bars, teddy bars, brown bars, polar bars...

11 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a polar bear. They are just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's true!, how could they eat you if they are soooo lovely.... the felt bars in the photo are very very nice...ohhhhh I want them for a days at home, being my friends :)))

    fàtima

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like you more just knowing that you have read Northern Lights and you spell "bear" wrong on purpose. I myself have always been partial to lions, but a large, dangerous animal is a large, dangerous animal. If we can find someone with a tiger, they can all be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, your comment makes complete sense. Esp with the felt visual. I will say -- I had a friend named barry, who I'd spell bear-y b/c I thought of him like a teddy bear. But given your spelling + explanation + sudden southern accent you have acquired in my head despite living abroad :D -- I like your way better :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then have you seen the Golden Compass? A must movie for anyone who loves polar bars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is sweet. Bars it is then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your quirky spelling - c'est adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My car is named Lyra.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are goin gto call them "bars" like a bunch of Hoosier yanks, then, my friend, you will need to read the Bears of Blue River. Written in a setting right in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.