Friday, May 15, 2009

Cats and scary ladies...

The cat yawned slowly, carefully, revealing a mouth and tongue of astounding pinkness. "Cats don't have names," it said.

"No?" said Coraline.

"No," said the cat. "Now, you people have names. That's because you don't know who you are. We know who we are, so we don't need names."


We went to see Coraline last night. It was scary. I haven't jumped so much at the cinema since we found ourselves, somewhat accidentally, watching 28 Weeks Later. I was glad that I had my husband's armpit to hide in. I don't like scary films.


. words and picture from Neil Gaiman's Coraline.

7 comments:

  1. Scary scary scary buddon eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that movie gave me nightmares for a week!! the other wybie's sewn on smile was enough to make me jump my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is terrifying. I thought I might see Coraline, because the animation and art direction looks interesting, but maybe I won't. I do NOT like scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine the armpit was rather cuddly and reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I saw it right when it came out and had nightmares!! Bizarro movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like scary movies either, thanks for the tip off! Don't EVER allow yourself to be conned into watching the Aussie movie Wolf Creek, I think I had a nervous breakdown after seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen the movie yet, but loved the book!!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.