Saturday, May 09, 2009

notes on napkins

I like notes on napkins. It's something about the impermanence of them. No matter how much thought has gone into the note it's still a napkin and the chances of it being to hand when I knock something over (which I do regularly) and being picked up and used without a thought just because it's a napkin and that's what you do with napkins is very high. And then it will be gone, a soggy, ink strewn mess and I will swear and curse and call myself an idiot (which I do regularly) for grabbing a napkin that was more than a napkin to clean up a mess that was just a mess.



. image via 100 layer cake of an invitation by Bryn of Paperfinger

1 comment:

  1. My favorite very drawings that H-town has made are on napkins. I have two tacked up above my desk <3

    ReplyDelete

play nice.