Wednesday, September 30, 2009

aqua, purple, with flashes of red



"Beautiful, serene photos in a grayish pinkish palette. And writing. The writing seems to be aqua, purple, with flashes of red. But that's just me."


LPC. September 13th 2009





I think that this is the nicest thing anyone has ever written about this blog. In fact I kind of want to delete all of the posts and just put that up instead. But that would be reckless.

Please visit this post on Privilege to read what LPC has to say about the blogs she is obsessed with. Among them are some of my very favourites and she describes them so succinctly, so perfectly in words that have been rattling around in my inarticulate brain, desperate to escape just for the sheer pleasure of describing something perfectly.

And then when you're done read the rest, because she's kind of brilliant and funny and clever and wise.


11 comments:

  1. beautifully said... and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Peonies. So very nice. And you didn't even know that today is my birthday. What a lovely present. Hmm. The universe does have its surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her blog, and yours of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely thing to write about your blog. But totally true. The lady speaks the truth.

    But please don't delete the rest of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ps. Is the other spelling of red/read in your title deliberate?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, no, I'm an idiot! Thanks for pointing it out.

    Happy birthday LPC! I hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a beautiful description - sort of like the inside of a seashell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of a more stellar way to express what's been knocking around in the back of my head about your blog. And now I can stop fumbling to find the words ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. (And sweet.)
    And she did describe your blog in a way that I could have never come up with, but that is absolutely spot-on...
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and I am absolutely smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful, poetic words and they are so true. Couldn't have put it better myself even if I was an extremely articulate person x faye x

    ReplyDelete

play nice.