Sunday, October 18, 2009

Things after which I lust....





A Simple Bird and NYC Souvenir by BROOKLYNrehab

Note to self, buy test tubes and labels before trip to NYC. And protective gloves.






The Birds and Beautiful Bugs, by D.S. Brennan

The bug section was always my favourite in the museum. The bugs and the gemstones. I've always liked shiny things, precious things.




Old Lady Swearwords by Sianuska

It's missing a few of my gran's choice phrases but I'm not sure that anyone but my gran says dengity. Or go and fachle your wachle. I think it's a scottish highland kind of a thing.







Tree, Orchid, Biplane and Birdcage pillowcases by branchhandmade

Flowers and birdcages for girlies who like to look at pictures of flowers (because they kill the real thing) and buy bircages (because they're all vintagey and curvy) and biplanes and trees for boys who like to climb trees (jut 'cause) and whose graddaddies flew funny little planes in the olden days.





So Very Happy by Dazeychic

Because sometimes we need to be reminded that happiness
isn't beyond us.


Flying High by Unravelling

I see a birdy sort of a lustfullnes developing here.





Waxed and Dastardly by Olerattlesnake

I know we're supposed to be over the moustache as accessory/icon/whatever but I like them. Bite me.




Simple Little Ring by Kateszabone.


Let's just call this what it is shall we? A Cristmas list.

In silver. With a white saphire. Size 5.

Thanks.



All images courtesy of the respective sellers on etsy.


16 comments:

  1. Ooh your ring pick is exactly like my engagement ring! I love that bezel setting, it's so classic. I also love the bird with the french fry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was that "bite me" directed at? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love birds too - the bird on the branch and birdcage pillowcases especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pigeon Feather. Eww. EW. In case I wasn't clear: EWWWWW.

    Ring, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh i love this post. what gorgeous things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bird with french fry + pillow cases = love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE that "bird with french fry" poster. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to lay my head on those pillows (amazing pillow cases) while wearing those rings! :)
    And, I totally get how happy the bird is with his french fry. I'm right there with him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that bird and french fry print - it always makes me smile when I see it.

    And you like bugs...but not moths. I see.

    -maria

    ps: I love the new banner at the top. That's actually one of my favorite photos you've taken, so it's nice to see it now every time I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pillows - they're whimsical and inviting.

    Hmm, I am an NYC native so the pigeon feathers are something I saw way too often but I like the idea of having it bottled up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh...i just love the pillow cases!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for including our pillowcases! I am loving that ring, also! I think i am adding that to my Christmas list too! xo
    Ashley
    Branch Handmade

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh but why not a blue saphire... they're so very very beautiful.

    thea.
    xx

    (www.forthevisionaries.tumblr.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh to be an entomologist!! How I loved the natural history museum as a child.

    Creepy, creepy pigeon love though!? Hmm. Actually I quite love london pigeons they all seem to have a story.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.