Friday, November 13, 2009

projects in miniature

Dearest ones, thank you so very much for your comments on my projects and dreams post, I can't tell you how hugely overwhelmed I was by your wisdom and your sense of humour. (If you didn't read the comments {why don't you read the comments? The comments are the best bit} please go and read them right now. Especially if you're battling with your own projects and dreams)


You kill me. Even more than weddings with ostriches.

I'm planning on sharing some of those projects and dreams with you, big projects, big dreams. But it turns out that it's kind of hard to write about that stuff (who knew?) so it might take me a little while. In the meantime here is a little project I've been working on. Well I say little, but it's been a while coming together. Let's call it relatively little, like relative to trying to rebuild a house or start a business.



















These five different sets of mini prints will be on sale here from next week and here (holyshitmypicturesareinaREALshop!) from whenever they arrive in Los Alamos. There will be a pink one and a green one and a sea one and a sepia one and my very very favourite Coney Island one.

Four prints, wrapped in glassine bags, nestled in boxes made from recycled card, curled up with silk ribbon and provided with four tiny clothes pegs for doing this with (but prettier, what with the lack of bulldog clips and the prints that match).


Come back next week for a wee giveaway of one of these sets and just maybe, some dreams and projects shared.


I never say this but have a lovely weekend my chickens.


X.




28 comments:

  1. Gah! It's like you read my mind! I've been trying to decide for MONTHS now which of your photos to choose to do this EXACT thing, and I've had such a hard time. They're just all so pretty!

    Isn't it such a nice feeling to have a project completed? I'm so excited for you! I always look forward to seeing the gorgeous new things you come up with. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jesus, p! you are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful look behind the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! And it actually looks like fun, putting all those lovely packages together and then lining them up in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Share only what you want to share. This all belongs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...that packaging is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. F*ck yeah!!!

    Already have plans for one of those...

    Just so happy to be allowed a peek into your ever so beautiful projects and dreams, my dear.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love these - i didn't see this in your shoppe yet though. it is so adorablely packaged!!!

    love your shop too

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeeee. the little tag might be my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job dear. LOVE the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The outside is so pretty, I want it regardless of what's inside. Knowing what's inside, I'm screwed.

    With bated breath I wait to see what you wish to share. I can't imagine anything being less than gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DROOL! they look AMAZING. I need bigger capitals! AAAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG. and with the ribbon and the pegs and the prettyness gahhh! love love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are so gorgeous! What a great idea. And so very beautifully presented. One of these will be on my Christmas list for sure x faye x

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous my dear, simply gorgeous. you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful, down to the little clothes pegs. Every minute detail is gorgeous. You are an incredible talent, P. Don't you ever forget that.

    xo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely, congratulations P! These look sooo beautiful and I am now trying to think of what lovely friend I can gift one too!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot wait for one of those to arrive in my post box!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooooooh I love this. I hope they do well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blog is wonderfully sensual and I love it!

    My I ask if it's will be ok if I borrow some photos to my blog?

    I want to leave a footprint to you from southern Sweden by....

    Agneta

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohhhh i love them.. when are then on sale..? I have a beautiful friend who I need to find a birthday present for.. woop woop she's going to love them! clever P!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are the *loveliest* boxes, Peonies. To open a box like these, with beautiful ribbons and beautiful photos and clever tags and glassine envelopes and tiny clips? *Heaven.* I guarantee it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love and buying NOW! I swore to myself absolutely no more shopping...but this is an emergency. must have. life or death. more important than toothpaste. boyfriend can do without special cereal for a month. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Gorgeous! I began reading your blog way back when you were in the middle of planning for your wedding and this is the first time that I have ever commented. I love your blog! I am so entertained by your writing and I always love the beautiful images you share with us! These little boxes are perfection!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just stumble upon your blog and I find these boxes so simple and stunning. congrats on all your hardwork!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is so beautiful :) i love the sepia collection.. that cat profile is just too perfect. congrats!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.