Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rest time.


The presents are wrapped, the tree is sparkling, the snow has fallen and routes have been planned. It is time to go for the holidays. We leave tomorrow morning for family in the north. We're staying with my Mum and spending Christmas day at my Grandparents. I still can't call it my Gran's, even though.
Today, instead of packing we walked by a river. We leaned over stable walls as snow fluff fell around us and plumes of horse breath warmed our noses. For a moment I believed we were living in a Christmas card.
I made my first snow angel today. The Boy and I made our first snowman together. I think this means that we're married.
I'm going now, for a day, a few days, maybe more. Maybe a week.
May you have a week of love and family and friendship and snow that tickles your nose and lands on your eyelashes, obscuring your vision, just for a moment, as you gaze upwards at the heavens and dream your dreams.


. Ralph and Alice, by Violetcreme

14 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandpa died on Sunday, the first person I've ever known to die, and the funeral is tomorrow. Thanks for the beautiful post (back in April).

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing you and your boy a magical holiday :) i can't wait for more of your words and pictures upon your return.

    xo, emily b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a great holiday and vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You *do* live in a Christmas card.

    Happy Christmas, dear friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your well deserved rest, oh lovely one. See you on the other side.

    Merry Chirstmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto Amanda on the Christmas card thing.

    (I still call it my grandparents' house/ranch/town, too.)

    Merry Christmas and happy new year to you both! Enjoy the time off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, it might be a little hard, and thats ok. You're even allowed a few tears in this time of year of intense missing.

    Rest. Take a WEEK off. We'll see you back here... when... you're back. Love to you and Nye. Make a snow angel for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas! xo Mitsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made a snow angel!

    !!!

    Have a wonderful time :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have definitely enjoyed a visit to your place!
    all the very best for the festive season ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Christmas to you & the boy.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did a double take browsing my Bloglovin' list this morning to see my Grandparents looking back at me! *g*

    Delighted you like the image.

    ☆☆
    Have a very Merry Christmas and look forward to more wonderful blog posts in 2010! ☆☆

    Cathy (violetcreme) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. your christmas is so much more christmasy than my christmas.




    but I won't hold it against you.
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

play nice.