Friday, May 20, 2011

Babies are people too....



"Starting a relationship with your children is just like starting a relationship with anyone else (except it's a shitload harder to get out of if you decide you want to bail)."

Remember when I told you about Hank and Lucy? One of my favouritest blogs by two of my favouritest people? Celia and Jamie asked me to write about something no one told me about motherhood so today I'm over there, talking about babies and what it's like getting to know them.  I would like it if you would maybe go and read. And maybe also read the rest of the Guest Mom series. Especially maybe Lisa's post. Thank you.  

8 comments:

  1. I truly loved your piece. And I will be holding on to the wisdom of letting our children become themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. headed right over there..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photo and the foreign exchange student reference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foreign exchange bit was genius. And this photo makes my heart beat faster every time.

    I am glad my post spoke to you. Your photos hang in my daughter's apartment, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this photo is HILARIOUS>
    i am going to check out the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to read it now. But I just have to say that you are my favorite blogger, ever. Your baby posts have been breaking my heart and healing my postpartam heart all at once. You are a clever, insightful and beautiful writer. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. after reading your (wonderful, as always) post, i saw this and thought of you: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62801082/dr-seuss-quote-plaque

    ReplyDelete

play nice.