Monday, November 21, 2011

a love story.

33 years ago a boy met a girl, they were 17, there was a spark. Then the boy married another girl and the girl married another boy and they lost touch. Once a decade or so they would bump into each other, the spark still there, but tragically one or the other of them was always married to someone else. Over the years the girl (who had grown into a woman) moved 500 miles north and the boy (who had grown into a man) moved (more or less) 9000 miles south east. Then one day, despite her living in the north of Scotland and he living in Australia  each decided to attend a gliding event (for they had both taken up gliding, as you do) in the south of England. And finally, for the first time in 30 years, Julie and Andy found themselves in the same place, at the same time, each single, each still starry eyed for the other. 
I don't often repost weddings we have shot here but I thought that this was a love story you might be interested in. Sometimes Mondays need a real love story. 
(see the rest of the wedding over here








14 comments:

  1. Wow. What a sweet story! And a nice reminder that life does give us second chances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the sparklers an ink blot test? Because I swear they spell out 'love'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you just made me tear up with a wedding. A WEDDING! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit P, that black and white shot of the dress and shoes is amazing. And the story is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing story,for a monday or any other day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Yes, indeed - some mondays do need real love stories. Most actuallym so I wont mind if you can make a habit of this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh! made my monday! gorgeous pics as always...just magical...thanks! x j

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such a lovely story on a gloomy Monday. The black and white photo of their clasped hands, wine glasses, and the cross in the background took my breath away. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a different story and a little bit heartbreaking but really much more wonderful. After all that time, to get to be together after all and have a happy ending to the story! I love it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm weepy over just these photos + the story, so now I'm afraid to look at the rest. I will anyway, but let's hope my mascara is waterproof. I have a work function to attend shortly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just goes to show... nothing gets in the way of love - watch out or it'll just bowl you over and knock you out.
    I swore I'd NEVER get married - I met a dude I did not fancy - intolerance (verging on disdain) softened ... ok well I needed a favour - taken aback by a request for a date... six days later engaged. Follow up - still butterflies, still intimate, still argue (love the making up) and still in LURVE... Yep - love me some love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That love story is amazing...gives me hope that things do work out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful story! And beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.