Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Scenes from a marriage



Me (excitedly): I think my wibbly bits are less wibbly after going to the gym for a couple of weeks! What do you think?
Nye: Let me have a feel... No, they're exactly the same. 
Me: I hate you.  

Needless to say, I don't believe in absolute honesty in a relationship. Nye however believes in absolute honesty everywhere. Which is tiresome. 

*photo by Lauren McGlynn. I really want to know what they'd just said to each other. I bet it was something along the lines of 'no, the gym hasn't made you look any younger! HAHA!' 

11 comments:

  1. Yep. I asked Eric how I looked in a dress (mistake) and he carefully surveyed the scene for a touch too long. I explained to him that honesty was only required for extreme situations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, but then they ruin it by saying next time 'you look great. That's what I was supposed to say, right?'. The assholes.

      Delete
  2. Catherine B28/8/12 2:21 pm

    However, the corollary is fabulous: "Sam, did I look better when I was working out 6 days a week?" "No, you look exactly the same..." Goodbye motivation, hello couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha. I suspect that people who pride themselves on their brutal honesty are somewhat delusional. They always 'honestly' find fault and rarely 'honestly' find virtue. I adamantly believe that your wibbly bits are less wibbly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Nye, Nye is beautifully honest about my virtues as well as my wibbly bits. But most people, yes.

      Delete
  4. if there is one thing i cannot stand about myself, it is my brutal honesty. all it ever does is get me into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh god. once I came from from the gym and said, D! I weighed under X pounds today! His response: hmm. it was probabaly water weight.
    What? He quickly realized his mistake and apologized when I squealed and hit him.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.