Monday, February 11, 2013

Your current favourite?

What's your current favourite song? Not your all time favourite, just the one that you keep hearing on the radio and turning the volume up, or the one that you've just started listening to again after years of having forgotten about it.

This is mine. It makes me so happy. Partly it's just exactly the sort of upbeat shtick I need right now (I'm suffering from Winter so bad this year, so bad), but more so it takes me right back to August and the Olympics and that week Nye and I spent in Brighton without the kids, pounding the streets in blazing sunshine looking for our new house and watching Bolt run really fast on a big screen on the beach at twilight. It was a good August.



.


10 comments:

  1. My brother in law was hanging out on the tourbus with Jake Bugg this weekend as Jake Bugg seems to like him and his band The Boston Tea Party a lot

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/nov/24/jake-bugg-stars-of-2012?fb=optOut

    My favourite song at the moment is Into Giants by Patrick Watson.

    I hope winter gets sunnier and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice song, I didn't know it. I am currently listening to Fiona Apple "So Sleepy " ( It's from the soundtrack of this is 40, and I loved it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this stuck in my head for the last two days. Not exactly "current", but it's cheerful as hell.

    It's also better than the sung version of the Apostles' Creed, which I had stuck in my head for the week before that (NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED).

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYsczkWti0 + a double Americano before every wedding. & this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYsczkWti0 for running.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I need - some new music recommendations, thanks, going to look into all of these.

    A few months back I gave The Paper Kites a VERY serious listening to. Also Clock Opera. Now I find myself liking a bit of Lord Huron. That's all I got for now, they're probably all quite outdated, but I'm always about a year behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. milo greene 1957 - in love with it at the moment - it is my morning let's-get-happy song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I am about to do a week of posts on music! Currently we keep playing Regina Spektor, Laughing.
    I will listen to this when the baby isnt sleeping in the same room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me, its Bruno Mars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-fA-gBCkj0 - though I've been listening to a lot of non-chart stuff mainly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex by the Punch Brothers! SO So So So So So addicted to that song right now. On constant replay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh boy! Jake Bugg is just wonderful.

    Since having my son 11 weeks back my current favorite song is 'Bare Naked Ladies' - When you dream.

    Jessica
    www.momstheword2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

play nice.