Saturday, April 25, 2015

Four weeks ago.

We are all in France, together. I don't quite believe it.

It is the Spring Holiday so W&P have been off school for two weeks. 

I'm sick, I have a vile virus that has left me completely useless. 

I have done nothing for weeks. It has stopped being relaxing and started being stressful and depressing.

It's asparagus season. I think asparagus is alright but I don't entirely understand it.

All of France smells of wisteria and lilacs.

This is our local place to walk and play and go to the organic market on a Tuesday night. I've never seen anywhere more French. Four weeks ago it was really cold, we wore hats. Yesterday I wore a dress and bare legs and made daisy chains in the grass. I was too ill to take a camera with me. I want to take photos before the wisteria falls though. I've already missed the blossom trees. Even when time has stopped it just keeps going. 





* I don't have a proper computer here, just a tiny little laptop that doesn't edit photos. I can resize them and stick pairs together, it takes forever but  I can do it, but I can not colour balance and adjust brightness and contrast and that stuff. Posting pictures without editing them is kind of killing me. Just so you know. 




14 comments:

  1. Hope the virus gets a move on and will leave you alone soon.

    As for asparagus, green but never white (yuk) and roast it with olive oil, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese. You need lots of it as it tastes just heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even roasted I just don't really get the excitement!

      Delete
  2. Who needs to edit when your photos look like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are really lovely even if they aren't edit :) I'm glad to know you are all in France.

    https://lepetitegaby.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your edited photos are better than most people's hardest work. So. Totally roast your asparagus - I don't use the cheese though, and I add balsamic vinegar.

    Hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do love these unedited photographs. There's a kind of moodiness to it and nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina. There's something I like about them too, which helps with my perfectionism!

      Delete
  6. I third (fourth?) the sentiment that your photos look lovely as is! And I continue wistfully imagining being able to escape to France/elsewhere as you did with your family. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always been a fan of straight out of the camera photos (what started as an excuse to not learn Photoshop...). I wouldn't have known if you hadn't said. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life cannot be edited. If you do it becomes a sort of pretentious load of cr*p really. That's why people are drawn to your truth Cara. Thank you for your honesty. It's inspiring and it works.
    I have to add though that even without Photoshop France is still sickeningly beautiful.
    Perth has the most amazing light for any photographer to work with. I need to ditch the phone camera and Instagram and get out my SLR and take photos. Excuses suck.
    Light, love and laughter to you and yours. This new adventure is going to be amazeballs. You'll see. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. introv.butterfly28/4/15 1:07 pm

    Daisy chains in the grass sound just wonderful, and might I add that your hair in that picture looks dreamy. Hope you get better soon, there's still some French spring left for you to enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

play nice.