Wednesday, December 07, 2016

A Christmas Sale


The season is upon us. May your festive spirit be more intact than mine. 

I've been feeling distinctly absent of said spirit this year, it was starting to creep tentatively into my soul but then was thoroughly scared off by the upheaval and change and uncertainty (all those things I love so much) of sudden and unplanned unemployment which crashed noisily into our lives a fortnight ago. Fun times! 

Anyway, as the dust settled I discovered this huge pile of christmas cards left over from last year and sets of cards that I spent months working on at the beginning of the year and then sort of forgot about when we moved house in April and then thoroughly forgot about when we moved house again in July. In the interests of not wasting all of that effort (and making enough money to pay for christmas dinner), I have posted them all on etsy


There are the same snowy roadtrip Christmas cards (although I prefer to call them holiday cards, because they don't mention Christmas and so are totes non-denominational) I sold last year - five images from the scenic motorway between Glasgow and Inverness - and also four different sets of art cards printed with images from our time in the south of France. 

Each set is five images on a theme - food, flowers, market, and architecture - all très français. They are printed on beautiful heavy card stock and are perfect for displaying as a set, framing individually, sending as thank you cards or giving as a set to your favourite francophile, photophile or friend who just doesn't write to you enough (passive-aggressive gifting FTW). They are flat cards, blank on the back, except for a discreet labeling with my real and actual name (*shock face emoji*) and come with lusciously thick envelopes.

They will be ready to post on Monday and should reach the USA, Canada and most of Europe in plenty of time for Christmas.






Oh and there is also my Society6 print shop, my poor neglected print shop - with a variety of my older work from France, Scotland and New York available as canvases and prints, framed and unframed, on metal or the more traditional paper. Today there is 20% off canvases and metal prints, so it's a good day to get in there. 


Thank you in advance for your custom and endless support over the years. And sorry for ditching the blog. Did I ever mention that I went back to college? I went back to college. It's intense. I'm not done with P&P though, lest you were worried/noticed I was gone/are still a weirdo who reads blogs.








Peonies and Polaroids - the Etsy Shop

Peonies and Polaroids - the Society6 Shop






















12 comments:

  1. I am the weirdo who still reads blogs :) and I have missed your posts. Glad to see you back on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for still reading. x

      Delete
  2. Still a weirdo who reads blogs and would love to see more of yours if/when you're inclined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you give me faith that there are still people out there! x

      Delete
  3. I check your blog all the time in the hope you will have posted! Best wishes for a happy and healthy and prosperous New Year when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot. And happy new year to you too. x

      Delete
  4. Just bought one of your Society6 photos for my father, who happens to have a birthday that falls very near to Christmas. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a weirdo who still reads blogs, and still reads your older entries to re-experience your beautiful writing. Looking forward to hearing more about your college adventures when you have time. Good luck with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Scenic motorway between Glasgow and Inverness" - sounds wrong, but I did this journey in January 2016 and it really is scenic - in the snow it is copetely glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it?! But it is very beautiful, especially in the winter.

      Delete

play nice.