Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chagall's brides....

"Will God or someone give me the power to breathe my sigh into my canvases, the sigh of prayer and sadness, the prayer of salvation, of rebirth?"



Bride with Fan
1911.

"All colours are the friends of their neighbours and the lovers of their opposites."




The Bride and Groom of the Eiffel Tower
1939.




The Bridal Couple
1927

"In our life there is a single colour, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the colour of love."


All images from Art Fairies

Marc Chagall's words via wikipedia.

3 comments:

  1. Whew. Talk about Jewish wedding inspiration, right? I'm totally going to have to use some Chagall in my ongoing project. Amazing as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look how lovely, Chagall is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chagall paintings are like stepping into a dream world. So lovley.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.