Friday, May 23, 2008

Tamar Mogendorff

I am in love with these gorgeous little animals from Tamar Mogendorff, they're just too cute for words.






I especially love these little pearls, which remind me of Lewis Carroll's ill fated oysters....




"O Oysters, come and walk with us!"

The Walrus did beseech.
"A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,
Along the briny beach:
We cannot do with more than four,
To give a hand to each."

The eldest Oyster looked at him,
But never a word he said:
The eldest Oyster winked his eye,
And shook his heavy head--
Meaning to say he did not choose
To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,
All eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,
Their shoes were clean and neat--
And this was odd, because, you know,
They hadn't any feet.

Four other Oysters followed them,
And yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last,
And more, and more, and more--
All hopping through the frothy waves,
And scrambling to the shore."


All images from Tamar Mogendorff's website.

4 comments:

  1. I SO want to make those birdhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous! What a find. Have you ever seen the following on flickr? It reminds me of this...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/esoule/sets/72157601499545165/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take that pearl over jewelry store variety any day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I basically squealed out loud at my desk when I saw the multitude of bears!! Too cute, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.