Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Swedish glaze...

I have adored Karin Eriksson's work since I first found it in a local boutique. Mostly white, delicate ceramics with tiny splashes of colour manifesting themselves in Granny print, her pieces are heavenly and some of the most gorgeous objects I have ever coveted. Delicate ceramics in white call out to me, tempting me, entrancing me. And then The Boy reminds me of all the non-delicate ceramics I have broken over the years we have lived together and I put down the cup I am gently caressing and move on with a frown and a pout. The Boy takes one of two tacks when I covet delicate, fragile or Granny-ish items - either 'we don't need more knick knacks/teacups/useless crap' or 'you'll break it within a week.' The former employed when it's something I can actually afford and the latter when it's something I want to 'invest' in.

He's fighting a losing battle though. One day I will posess these beautiful, fragile, translucent, enchanting delights and he can't stop me....


























All images courtesy of Karen Eriksson and by Lars Jonsson and for sale at Manos.

Also check out Karin's blog for more inspiration and beauty.



12 comments:

  1. They are all absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous bowls! My coffee would taste infinitely better in one of those cafe au lait bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicate and very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so beautiful....what a fantastic find - off to drool over the website!
    take care xx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look fabulous. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peonies, you're making me sick with all of these lovely images on your blog already.

    It's ok. Just send me that teacup and I'll forgive you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh now you're just trying to get me to shop. I see

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in love with those teacups at the bottom. But the boy has banned me from purchasing knick knacks. Or tea cups. Darn him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so beautiful! I love the simple text piece.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.