Friday, May 01, 2009

.



He's not bald, he doesn't have an 8 inch bat tattooed across his scalp and he hasn't owned a motorised bicycle for at least decade (which might be a good reason to get rid of the bloody great helmet sitting in the cupboard. Just sayin.) but he does love animals so what do I need with a big baldy biker?

And he rescues helpless fluffies too. A while before I met The Boy he was out on the town of an evening. He spotted some neds (further information for international readers) on a street corner throwing chips at something something small and furry. That small furry thing was reappropriated from the wee bastards, popped in his shirt pocket and accompanied The Boy to the pub that evening. She later became known as Mercy and was The Boy's first hamster. By the time I moved in with him he had acquired 14 of them. He gets a little carried away sometimes. And that dear readers, is one of the reasons that I love him.


. photo by me

10 comments:

  1. * warm and glowie on the inside*

    Anyone that takes a rescued hamster to the pub in his top pocket must be a good sort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two of you. I know we've talked about this before, but your bunny reminds me so much of my bunny.

    Your boy is a good man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Your boy' sounds like a keeper! Hold onto him...:)

    Martha B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he rescued a hamster from some Neds! What a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More pictures of the Bunny, please! (Or is that the Rabbit?) Also, hooray for the Boy. I may be inspired to get a hamster, just to sneak it into a pub in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwww! Wonderful. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet story ... and a sweet boy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the getting rid of the flippin' bike helmets thing. And the leathers, while you're at it. And he says *I'm* the hoarder!

    ReplyDelete

play nice.