Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Monday

Yes yes, I know it's not Monday but Boy and I were working on Saturday so we pretended yesterday was Sunday and had a day of wondering and the cinema and cardamom buns and visiting mothers and grandfathers (two mothers, just one grandfather) and chatting round the dinner table and driving home in the dark trying to stay awake. So today is Monday. Yes it is. Because I say so, aright? Good.

This Monday I'm thinking about big wheels, and thus (of course) Coney Island (baby) and I'm listening to songs that make me smile. Elsewhere big wheels are called ferris wheels. I like our name better, mostly because big is a good sensible word and ferris is a silly word, the meaning of which I'm not entirely sure.

I'm thinking about big wheels because the fabulous racheljan has started a new flickr group called Ferris Wheel Love, from whence all of these beauties came...







The songs that I'm listening to that make me smile and make be happy and make me glad that it's Monday and I'm getting a little work done are this one and this one and this one and this one.

I hope you're having a happy Monday, or whatever day it is where you are.



credits:

1 Ferris Wheel, by youaremyfave
2 I Love Them by racheljan
3 untitled, by Simply Hue
4 Bucket Seat, by youaremyfave

9 comments:

  1. *smile*

    Happy Monday, Peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't ferris wheels the best to photograph? I'm convinced you can't get a bad shot of them.

    Loved loved loved your comment on Celia's post today, I laughed outloud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That's funny. The term "big wheel" immediately makes me think of a toy plastic tricycle of the same name. But I suppose they're called ferris wheels here in the states because George Washington Gale Ferris, Jr., invented the first for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. This is what the internets tell me, anyway.

    LOVE those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ferris wheels are the most fun to shoot! And what a superb idea for a flickr group, I've already surfed on over and joined.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just solved my giant wedding stationary problem! I'm having a friend custom design my wedding invitations but I've just been looking for something fun and slightly whimsical to use as a motif. Enter the ferris wheel. I've always absolutely LOVED everything about them and I think they are an amazing ode to the closing days of summer. Perfect for my Labor Day weekend wedding. Thank you sooooo much for the amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always smile with Werewolves of London....something about them eating chinese really cracks me up.

    beautiful shots

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!
    I've just added your blog in my personal "favorite blog" list in my blog...
    Your blog is so cute, delicate and interesting! I love it!
    Bye bye from Italy!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lub you lub you. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, thanks for mentioning my little flickr group! I'm in love with Ferris (Big) Wheels. I'm glad you like them too.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.