Monday, November 23, 2009

New York New York




If you've been reading p&p for a while you will know that in April Boy and I are off to New York for a month. If you've been reading for even longer you will know just how bloody excited this makes me. And if you know me just a little bit you will know that I'm freaking the hell out at the thought of planning such a huge and thrilling adventure.

So I need your help blog babies, internet chickens, lovely friends.

This week will be New York week here*. I will be asking you questions, lots of questions. Looking for your tips and your advice and your help with planning what will hopefully be a wonderful month. A month of pretending that we live in the best city in the world, a month of living and eating and photographing and adventures big and small.


* I've tried writing to a theme for a week before. I suck at it. I have no self discipline and as soon as I tell myself I'm going to do something the desire to do something entirely different overwhelms me. So apologies if I wander off course a little.


. u.s.a by Brian W Ferry, one of my favourite photographers



8 comments:

  1. So glad that you got your blog back! Also love the topic - happy to advise if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that's so exciting! I'm in NYC for just a day and a half, and I so wish I could stay for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. I want to go to NYC. I look forward to hearing about it even if I can't offer anything by way of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so very happy for you..! And you're going to have a blast - it sounds like you have plenty of people to give you advice on where to stay...

    Glad the blogger debacle is over, too. Whew..! I've missed a lot around here, haven't I? (Waiting for the little guy to go to bed to see what that stuck video is all about. Already love the photo of the dog. I mean, the situation probably sucked for the dog at the time, but it makes for a rather funny photo.)

    xoxo,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome.

    I probably have no useful suggestions as any previous trips to NYC on my part have been freeloading of the parentals, but I will be reading with interest. A fortnight in the biggest of apples is on the wishlist for the Boy and me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1. I am so excited for your visit to NYC.... I may make a post dedicated to your visit on pinkbicyclette.com ill put on my thinking cap and give you all my NYC goodies

    #2. I just received my photos today! oooo I just love them! also icing on the cake was the cute postcard of little girl with bunny. amazing! I am now in anguish over where to hang the photos... kitchen.. bedroom.. woo!

    xoxo
    Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an exciting trip!! All of the times I visited I was pretty much too young to really appreciate what was around me. I remember being totally awe struck by the giant Macy's though hehe.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.