Saturday, February 13, 2010

Swaplets, given

I'm not much into Valentine's day (Celia and A sum it up pretty well) but this year Amanda made it the bestest with her Valentines swip swap. Girlies from around and about sent homemade cards and little bits and pieces to other girlies and it was lovely. This is the second year Amanda has organised such a thing. I didn't take part last year because I was shy. This year I'm still a little shy but I wasn't missing out again.
My swapee (swaper? swapet? recipient.) was A Girl and this is what I sent her....
a card made from brown recycled kraft card we had left over from the wedding and a piece of lace that has been in my dressing up box since I was very little, an antique hanky whatsit tied up with silk ribbon and a string of hearts cut from a dud photo of some cherry blossoms, a Canadian two dollar note and some Cabbages and Roses striped fabric.
And because it was all getting just a little too sweet....

Coming up: Swaplets, received...



19 comments:

  1. Ok first of all, every part of this is awesome. Second, where on earth did you get a two dollar bill? I haven't seen one of those in years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. god everything you touch becomes adorable.

    like the midas touch of adorableness but without the whole, you know, bad side effects and moral story about greed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it strange that i want to be wrapped in that box of goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @accordiansandlace, Canada! We went on holiday when I was 15, so that would be... 10 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed with jamie. the moral here is huzzah, swaps! - and that you're crafty like ice is cold. lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just read marchelle's adorable post about her delight in receiving such treasures.

    you totally made her v. day. glad you swappled this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that garland of hearts is SO cute! I think I'll make a few.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want that antique hanky. It reminds me of the hanky I lost at my wedding. A lady in a cute little gift shop gave it to me when she found out I was getting married and then I lost it. BOO. Funny how I miss a little hanky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus Mary and Joseph. Cute. Lovely. And a little nasty and irreverent. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is perfect! And it made me perfectly happy. Thank you so much my dear. I am very lucky to have been your swaplet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "dog's bullocks" hahahahhaha. take THAT, hallmark!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haaaa! Perfect message :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. bollocks and love heart bunting- this makes me deeply happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's it! next year i won't be too shy! lovely beauteous heart-felt things. might make me reconsider vday too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe you cut up the $2 bill! Those things are worth more than that now you know... ha, like $3 - $100.

    I like our colourful money. I'm about to leave on a trip to New York (Yeah, I stole some of people's suggestions for you) but their money is all the same, and lame.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just the most adorable valentine, it looks like a 19th century delicates drawer, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! Love the little bits of lace.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.