Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A morning with Anja.

Just before we left Glasgow, Natalie and Steven invited me to their stunning home (seriously, I was stunned. It was proper magazine-beautiful)  to photograph their tiny baby girl, Anja. 

Anja's grandparents had travelled from New Jersey to meet their first grandchild and we all spent a quiet morning together, just revelling in how beautiful and sleepy babies are and what a privilege it is to have three generations together for the first time. 











































(I'm still working away on a website for this new photography business of mine. I spent two weeks building a blog site only to decide that I don't like it and I had better start again. We do however have a name, which is a start. I'm no longer available in Glasgow for shoots as we live in the Highlands now (surprise!) but in three months we'll be in London, and I hope I'll be launching Cara Shoots Littles (not the official name) properly then.)


14 comments:

  1. Peabody_Bites18/9/12 10:49 am

    These are wonderful pictures - almost enough to make me bite the bullet and have a baby....

    It is particularly nice to see baby pictures which acknowledge the wider family, not just the immediate family unit, and which have an equal balance of mother/father with baby.

    Also, WHAT a sweet person Anja is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful photos and i can't believe natalia had recently had a baby, she looks amazing!

    oh and anja is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. All of it, the people, the house, the light, the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the morning tears. Seriously. I am not being sarcastic. The photos are tearfully heartwarming in all the best ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, the colours are so creamy and gorgeous. The house really is stunning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Cara, these are gorgeous. What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful. Makes me a little teary and sort of wish stupidly that we'd had professional photos taken at that magical/crazy/hormonal time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these, especially the ones with the grandfather.

    and more importantly no babies in baskets or flower pots.

    you are still calling this business "nobody puts baby in a basket" yes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful. congrats on your new adventure(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful in every way, well done lady x

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful, Cara! Some of these are so cinematic... just...wow.

    Exciting news about your new venture. I've just started a little photography/styling business too... need a bit of extra pocket money! x

    London in 3 months?? Jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. PLEASE move to the States in 3-5 years so you can photograph my children! (once they...you know, exist)

    i agree with one claire day: cinematic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them. Actually in three months I'll be back at work and a whole lot richer so I can ask you to take pictures of my littles.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.