Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bird and Bear {a family photo shoot}

This weekend I spent a couple of hours with this beautiful family, just hanging out in their home with their charming, hilarious three year old and their utterly delicious seven month old twins. You would think that having had twins myself I would be more immune to the delights of two babies, but TWO BABIES! It doesn't get old. It's also always nice to hang out with a three year old and see a little of what's in store for us in a year's time (summary; mischief and excellent conversation). 




I am really loving taking the first steps towards starting a career doing family photography in London. It blows my mind how much fun it is to combine two things that I really love; kids and photography. It seems kind of obvious when you say it out loud but it took a while for me to realise that a) I'd be good at this and b) that I would absolutely love doing it. 

If you would like to book me for your own family shoot please see my website for more info. I'm doing  two hour shoots for £200 (including high res files) for a few more weeks, until the beginning of August, so please do get in touch! 



Bird & Bear


18 comments:

  1. Cara! These are brilliant! And those kids are SO CUTE! The eyes, the cheeks. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really are good at it. onward! upward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. Seriously beautiful. If I had a spare £200 I would be ALL OVER YOU. Not like THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoveLoooveLuuuuurveLoveLooooooooooove (sung operetta style with eyes rolling into back of head) ... Actually cracked up at the thought of you travelling all the way down under to spend a day documenting me and my two 6ft boofs - 14 going on 21 in attitude and the other 40 going on 12 in behavior. Still tempting though. I make a mean cake! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are SOOOOO good at this "genre". congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so great. So so great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO GOOD. I need to have babies & go to London so you can take pictures for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You ARE good at it. It kind of blew my mind when that realization of enjoyment clicked with me too. "What?! I can take pictures AND be silly with kids? OHKAY." I love the photo second from the top so much. The baby's expression is just perfect. Big magic eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could fly you to South Africa - I am about to have twins and would love you to do a family shoot as I have been inspired by your twin family and blog which I have followed for ages!
    http://buryanddiscover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh congratulations on your twinnies! Much love and luck to you all over the coming months.

      Delete
  10. These are beautiful Cara. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cara these are wonderful.

    No baskets, no flowerpots, no Robin costumes, as in Batman and...I just saw one on FB and it was a girl.

    Also the mother has the poise of a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she just so beautiful? And thank you.

      Delete
  12. You're making me want twins. Those BIG baby eyes!

    You are perfect at this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is definitely Your Thing, lady. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.