Monday, June 10, 2013

Map quilts.

I did a family photoshoot at the weekend with the sweetest family (charming, hilarious three year old, delicious smiley 7 month old twins (TWO BABIES), beautiful international parents. More soon.) and when they whipped out a beautiful snowy white quilt embroidered with a map of London for the twinnies to roll around on I was completely entranced. I'd never heard of these map quilts by NYC based Haptic Lab and they are so so gorgeous. They come in a variety of cities and are huge and intricate and wonderful. I want London, New York and Paris. My Sunday family had had a little red heart embroidered onto the spot in London where their eldest was born, which was a really sweet touch. 

Haptic Lab also do DIY kits to embroider your own quilts and wall hangings. Which means that something else has just been added to my list of crafty shit to do with all that free time I have. 

Buy them here








all images by Haptic Lab http://www.hapticlab.com/



9 comments:

  1. I've been saving up for one of these since my wedding but I still can't decide between sentimental old london or my spiritual home of Toronto. My Aunt has Paris and I am beyond jealous as they are so beautiful in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, never seen anything like this before- want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, I love Haptic Lab! I ordered their DIY World Map kit a while back - haven't started yet, but plan to this summer. I've got the sewing itch again. I really want the Austin kit, too, but I probably need to do one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "delicious smiley 7 month old twins (TWO BABIES)"

    hahaha i love you! so true the need for distinction of the word "twins".

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is WAY too cool! AHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, my cup of crafty shit to get around to runneth over! Still got to get one though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These quilts are absolutely amazing. This week my brand new niece was born in NYC and I'd love to create her something like this, so cool

    teaistheanswer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. Funny story. I got one of the DIY kits for Christmas (asked for it). Don't do it. That shit is nuts. I'm currently too scared to get it out of the box, even though my goal was to do it for THE NEXT BABY, so I have time. Holy shiiiiiiiittttt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. Funny story. I got one of the DIY kits for Christmas (asked for it). Don't do it. That shit is nuts. I'm currently too scared to get it out of the box, even though my goal was to do it for THE NEXT BABY, so I have time. Holy shiiiiiiiittttt.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.