Monday, May 04, 2009

Pretty ephemera..



I love dresses. Dresses belong on the same list as cupcakes and flowery china and bunny paraphernalia, the list of things that I love as much as you can love things that aren't really supposed to be loved because people are for loving and things are for having but that inspire a feeling close to love in those that have a weakness for dresses and cupcakes and flowery china and bunnies. That list. Or as Sunday Brunch says...


"No matter how elegant, how timeless, a dress still billows in breezes and swishes in doorways, is always a little different with each wearing and on each person. We don’t dress up to be like someone else, we dress up to be ourselves. A dress makes us more aware of being alive (and not by pinching at the waist!). A dress is about savouring life, *our* lives. When we read a good story, we close our eyes and see the characters. The right dress can make us feel that way. We all deserve to be that sure of, and that happy with, who we are, wherever we are."

Sunday Brunch sells lovely dresses. Lovely, unusual, beautifully designed dresses. I want this one. And this one. And maybe this one.



. image by Naomi Kobyashi and via Sunday Brunch



9 comments:

  1. thank you for such a gorgeous site! i love, love, love dresses! i own at least 50 of them... and only one pair of pants. it has to be absolutely, unbearably freezing for me to put those pants on. a dress makes me feel so incredibly feminine; not in a "damsel in distress way", but in a very confident and powerful way. i feel like i can do anything in a dress and people take notice. they want to take notice. as odd as it sounds, it's actually kind of liberating. thanks again for the recommendation!
    oh, and that first "this one"? that's the dress that dreams are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't those dresses beautiful! i've had my eye on a blue one from there for a while. i may finally just have to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those dresses are divine! If I could I would buy them all and spend my days drinking wine and twirling....lots and lots of twirling (and then of course inevitably falling down due to all the wine)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear You,
    Stop posting such gorgeous things that make me die and pine and swoon, it's bad for my nerves (swooning).
    Love and kisses,
    Me
    P.S. Don't really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, oh my. Were we seperated at birth? I don't mean to be super creepy but I could not agree more with everything you just said. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. Thanks for sharing and now I have to drool over the Sunday Brunch dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often say that I wish I lived someplace so warm or generally temperate that I could wear nothing but dresses and skirts, with pants being the rare exception, rather than the opposite as I live now. I do so love dresses. Simple and effortlessly chic and put-together, plus sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But of course.. a girl must have a swishy dress in which to eat cupcakes and sip tea from flowery teacup whilst stroking a bun!

    I'm exceedingly lucky because I get to wear pretty dresses for my work( I know don't hate me) I even get to claim the tax back on them! Perks a plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dresses too! They make you feel like a girl.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.