Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Perpetuality

My first thought when I came across these pictures was what kind of crazyassed genius is this? My second thought, once I'd figured out just what I was looking at, was fuck yeah! I want one!











This perennial calendar from Little Brown Pen is too clever for words. It overwhelms me with cleverness. And beauty and talent and and and wow. I mean, it last forever. How often do you find a calendar that last forever? Almost never is how. It is made up of lots of little photos of Paris and you can buy your little piece of clever here. Or here.

Oh, and um, no. There won't be Peonies and Polaroids calendars this year. I thought about it, I even decided that it might be quite a good idea and then I tried to do it and well, I cried and I stamped my feet and I snapped at my husband and it was horrible. Maybe next year. This year there will however be Peonies and Polaroids gift set type things, which I'm very excited about. Peonies and Polaroids Gift Set Type Things only provoked lip chewing and hang wringing and a few what-am-I-doing-no-one-is-going-to-buy-these's which is a lot better than the aforementioned calendar situation.

19 comments:

  1. I need this! Oh my goodness, this is the best calender I've ever seen, even better than the gigantic Vignelli one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding out till you do your calendar :)

    But yes, perpetual calendars are genius. Especially ones that dont require you to change the date every day, which is the case with the one I now have, which is why it's still stuck somewhere back in May. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it in theory but I could never be bothered to re-arrange it each month.

    I will wait for yours.

    {even a template one we could buy as pdf and print would be better than no peonies calendar...!}

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the best calendar...i want one! thank u for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this. I liked it then and I like it now. Happy gift shop building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This thing is genius. I'm tempted to build my own though.. how rad to do with your own shots! Nifty gift too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I'll take one please!! My apartment could use some decoration lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. it 'tis a beautiful perpetual calendar

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is SUPER cool. I want to make one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool.. but the novelty of changing them round might wear off for me.. I'll end up changing it halfway through the month. Cool concept though.. never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gosh ms p, i love you so much it's practically stupid. and, i am very much looking forward to some gifts made by you! lip chewing and all...

    ReplyDelete
  12. COOL perpetual calendar! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not gonna lie - I thought of you immediately when I saw that on her blog, because a Peonies calendar would indeed be fabulous. And we all love fabulous things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. isn't nichole a genius! love it :) and would love a calendar by you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I freakin love this, I need a polaroid to make one

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, please don't snap at your husband for this! :(

    Anyway, this calendar idea is genius, and it would look very cool hanging on my wall! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow oh wow ... that's amazing. Commence coveting in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. <3 <3 <3. Want one. want to make one. think i would go nuts trying to.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

play nice.