Friday, October 12, 2012

despair and feces

Photobucket


'Blindfold me and read out the Facebook statuses of my friends, without their names, and I will tell you which are American and which are British. Americans post links to inspirational stories, and parenting blogs packed with life lessons. (British parenting blogs tend to be packed with despair and feces.)' Ruth Whippman, America the Anxious

In case you missed that : 'British parenting blogs tend to be packed with despair and feces.'

Thank you and you're welcome.



12 comments:

  1. I was reading Meg's post about "Why Have Kids?" on APW and something about feces came up... I think it was the same quote? Anyway! I thought immediately of you, and yes, I had a good chortle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you how much it pleases me that you thought of me when you read that.

      Delete
  2. Despair and feces probably sums up my first three years as a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despair and faeces tag! (I <3 you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that piece.


    Fucking Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought it was spelled faeces?



    (and we wouldn't have it any other way!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is in English English but it's not in American English.

      Delete
    2. (it's spelled 'faeces' in my 'despair and faeces' tag, I thought it might be rude to change the spelling in the quote though.)

      Delete
  6. Overly shiny parenting blogs make me uncomfortable in the same way as a surfeit of enthusiasm, or religious fervour, does.

    Despair & faeces on the other hand are on the shortlist for imaginary twin names.

    ReplyDelete

play nice.